CTS Web Services
Farm software packages, which are compatible with CTS Web Services, are available from the software suppliers listed in the link on the left
Farm software lets you:
- register cattle births;
- report cattle movements on and off your holding;
- report the death of a registered animal;*
- record the death of an unregistered animal; and
- check the movement history of an individual animal which has been on your holding.
*The cattle passport must still be completed and returned to BCMS within seven days of the date of death.
Why should I use farm software?
It’s an easy way to report your cattle births, movements and deaths at a time that suits you, and you get a receipt.
Why do I need a receipt?
- It’s a secure and reliable way to send us information and resolve problems.
- Information is checked for errors before you send it.
- We receive your information quickly – avoiding postal delays.
Please make sure you receive a receipt for all transactions you send through CTS Web Services. There may be a delay in receiving a receipt but if you do not receive one then your transactions have not reached CTS Web Services, and you will need to enter your information again.
The receipt confirms that your transactions have reached CTS Web Services. Only successful transactions reach the Cattle Tracing System (CTS). To find out if your transactions have been successful in reaching CTS, you need to enter your receipt number back into CTS Web Services. This will show if any mistakes have been made, so you can enter your information again.
If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your software package supplier.
How do I change my password?
If you need to change your password for your farm package software, please contact the BCMS Helpline 0845 050 1234 (English) 0845 050 3456 (Welsh language), and ask us to reissue your password.
If you are unsure how to do this please contact your software package supplier.
Page published: 26 July 2011