What we will do
We want our visit to cause as little disruption as possible to you, your colleagues and your livestock. However, some inspections can take several days to complete – particularly those where subsidy inspections and cattle identification checks are carried out at the same time.
During the inspection we will:
- provide a clear explanation of why we are there, how we will carry out the inspection, which regulations are involved, and what we need from you;
- give you an idea of how long the inspection will take (although this may depend on what we find);
- take all necessary precautions to prevent the risk of contamination or the spread of disease from one premises to another;
- provide advice and guidance on compliance issues (that is, issues relating to meeting relevant regulations), or let you have the name and telephone number of the person you should contact; and
- fully explain what we find.
At the end of the inspection we will give you a feedback form that you can fill in to tell us what you thought of the inspection. We value your feedback and filling in this form will help us to improve the level of service we offer when carrying out inspections.
Page published: 30 November 2010